May 23, 2024
Rafael Nadal

Rafael Nadal

Former world No.1 tennis player Rafael Nadal has announced that he will return to professional tennis in 2024 at the Brisbane International and subsequently play the Autralian Open.

The Spanish tennis player said this will most likely be his final year, although he does not want to set a deadline just yet.

Nadal has not played since January 2023, after he suffered from a hip injury in his second round defeat against Mackenzie McDonald at the 2023 Australian Open.

In a video posted on X, the 37-year-old tennis star revealed his plans for the 2024 tennis season, revealing the possibility of retiring next year. “It is a reality, there are many chances that it will be my last year, without any doubt. There are chances that it may only be half a year, there are possibilities that it may be a full year, we may not be able to reach all that,” he said. “These are things right now that I do not have the capacity to be able to answer; this is the truth.”

However, Nadal refused to make an exact decision on his retirement, saying, “I do not want to announce it because, in the end, I do not know what can happen, and I have to give myself the opportunity not to say one thing, and then I can be a slave of what I have said. I think it is going to be like that, but I can’t be 100% sure because, in the end, I have worked a lot to come back to compete, and if suddenly things and my physique allow me to continue and enjoy what I do.” He also added, “Why am I going to set a deadline? I think it makes no sense.”

Nadal underwent two surgeries in the past eleven months for his hip injury. Due to his long absence from the tour, the 22-time major champion dropped to 664th place in the world rankings.

About The Author

3 thoughts on “Rafael Nadal Reveals Potential Plans To Retire In 2024

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © All rights reserved. | ChromeNews by AF themes.